did your stomach ever look the same after you had your baby?

My dd is ten months old and my stomach still looks like a deflated balloon. This is also after eight months with a personal trainer. Not to mention in that eight months at the gym there is still nine more pounds that I haven't been able to get rid of to put me back at pre baby weight. (I mean unless I starve myself lol. Let's face it I'm Italian and love food in all different ways but that's why I go to the gym). Anyway ladies, did your stomach ever look normal again? I see some women that have had a baby and a year later they are at the beach in a bikini with a perfect flat stomach and no stretch marks! I want to know what they do lol. (If you are someone who pulled that off advice please lol)

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 7:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My stomach looks the same. The key is not to gain a shit ton of weight to begin with. If you gain 40-50+ lbs of course your stomach is going to stretch out. I gained 12lbs with my pregnancy. And I was completely healthy about. My DD was average weight & completely on schedule with her development.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My SIL did this.... after 3 kids... always looked perfect in between each (had them 2-3 year apart). She doesn't get stretchmarks and is now back to her high school weight (had the first in high school).

She did it by carefully watching what she ate, as well as going to the gym for an hour or more 5 days a week. It's not easy, but it's possible. I still have a deflated stomache and my Dd is 16 months old. Although both my mom and my sister don't have a deflated stomache anymore..... theirs is full of fat... so I guess it's better to be deflated then just plain fat?

Ugh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 12lbs is not a healthy weight to gain during a pregnancy. You're stupid. But 25-35lbs is what you're supposed to gain if you're of an average weight, if you're overweight, you should gain around 15. 12 lbs is starving your baby. dumbass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm stupid because I did not allow myself to become a fatass?! You are probably one of those chicks who thinks she can just get fat & lazy now that she is pregnant & has kids. Ugh, women like you disgust me. I followed a very strict diet & exercise routine- which was VERY closely monitored by my nutritionist, my mid-wife, & my doctor. I am naturally thin, I was ill for the first 15 weeks of my pregnancy which made eating difficult anyway- which was WHY I was put on that diet/exercise routine in the first place. You do not know my situation so shut your fat mouth.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Give it about 3 years and it'll go away. With my 3rd baby, I had the deflated stomach, I did my usual routines and ate healthy after 3 years I started to look like my pre baby self. Just give it some time, I know it seems forever but it's better than never.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Okay seriously Stressedmomma13... do you wonder why you're stressed? Maybe if you ate a little more chocolate in that strict diet you wouldn't be so stressed out all the time. STOP CONTROLLING YOUR FOOD INTAKE LIKE THAT. You don't have to control everything! It wouldn't hurt you to gain five pounds. And I'm not fat and I exercise daily and eat healthy the majority of the time. It is HORRIBLE to only gain 12 lbs during pregnancy. It's bad for the baby. It's risking miscarriage.... why would you do that?
    I was sick for the first 15 weeks and lost 5lbs.... but then I gained it all back by eating healthy and eating when hungry, and not over exerting myself! Geez... get a clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You ladies are cracking me up
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:51 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Oh, and if you were underweight when you got pregnant, you're not supposed to gain 35... more like 45.. so you were starving your baby and yourself of nutrients the whole time... I hope you don't get pregnant again, it's selfish to only care about your figure when you have a life inside of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Lol anyway I gained 38lbs while pregnant and that's what the doctor wanted me to gain so I was good. I lost 20lbs right off the back as soon as she was born. Its just a pain trying to lose it all lol.
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I gained 12 lbs with my 5th pregnancy - it's all I could gain! I generally weigh around 130. Believe me, I ate all the time but I had GD so what I could eat was somewhat restricted. I only gained 14 lbs with my 2nd pregnancy. Out of all 5 of my pregnancies I never gained more than 22 lbs - and I have 5 very healthy children.

OP - yes, after my 3rd my tummy went back to normal. My tummy was flat and I looked better in a bikini than most girls who had never had kids. After my 5th, we'll see. I was wearing a bikini last weekend, and I looked good - but not like I used to! Hoping to get there though . . .

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010