So nervous!

I'm going in for an inprocessing, and I'm having anxiety issues about leaving my Dd with her daycare. I know she'll be fine (be fine meaning that she'll be safe, not that she won't cry) and that I'm just being overprotective.

I don't really need a job, but I am bored at home, and also, my mom is currently not able to pay bills with her job, so I'm getting a job so I can help her out. My Dd is one and I'm just hoping that she has a good time. That will make it a lot easier on me.

Any working moms out there to give advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just relax and show her that everything will be ok its time to put on your acting boots and play the roll its going to be hard to leave your little one
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Hey, mama! It's hard...I know. My son is in daycare full time and has been since he was about 4-5 months old. My mom watched him for 2 months before that. I chose to put my son in daycare sort of young to get him accustomed to it early since my mom wasn't a long term option. He's 17 months now.

It's important to be the best mom you can be. If that means finding something outside of the home to fulfill yourself, you should do it so you'll be HAPPY for your children. Its not my choice to work full time...but financially I have no choice. But I would be the happiest with a part time job for sure...not full time, and not at home all the time.

Anyway, when you drop off in the morning - make it fast and happy. It's just important that they don' t see you feel guilty cause they'll think something's wrong. Hugs kisses and a confident, warm good bye. Wean your DD into it if you can w short days at first. Good luck!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• she will be fine.you can always call to check on her.its a process.you will be fine
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Its always nerve racking at first. I work FT but have 3 kids but the first time I ever did day care I was a mess. My kids were 1 and 2 and my 2 yr old dtrongly protested screaming so then his sister started screaming because she is all well if he doesn't like it neither do I...Oh I wanted to cry! A few weeks in he just loved it! Now I have three but the older two are in school and the baby goes to a home day care provider she has always adapted well though. How old is your daughter? Just give the transition time and in the end being around other kids and doing stuff will be fun and good for her:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010