Is it just my kid...?

She picks up the funniest stuff!! Like, now when she doesn't like something.. or I ask her to lay down for nap, she scoufs at me (just like I do absentmindedly). And she's been humming a tune for two days now, and I just realized it's from Wall-E!!

She doesn't say a lot of words yet (quite a few, but no sentences) but she really makes herself heard if you know what I mean. She's almost 16 months old.

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 7:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how cute! when my DD was about that age, she would twirl her hail- just like I do! And she would always sing when the music was on, even make up songs of her own, well she still does that.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My son was like that when he was little too! It is amazing how much they learn from day to day!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes My baby girls is now 19 months and she's the same. Luvs to hum, dance and talk like theres no tomorrow. She's finally starting to put her words together to make sentences. Her favorite phrase is "All Done" as she wipes her hands together. It's just so wonderful watching her grow and learn.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• MIne does all the time! She's 2. when she looks for her sippy and cant find it she goes "UUGGHH SIPPY" and scuffs her feet on the floor while walking until I go look for her. It is so cute! She also taught herself how to whistle!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think whistling is next! She's fascinated by it (but I can't whistle lol). She also has been trying to wink for about two months now, she's done it once or twice, but the majority of the time she closes both eyes really purposefully :P
    MomtoElliett

Comment by MomtoElliett (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• naw they all do that..lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My favorite now if she will ask me to do something for her and afterwards she says "good job Mommy" just like we do to her. Makes me laugh everytime. And yesterday I asked her is she wanted lunch and she told me she was "too busy working" - she was drawing. Enjoy it!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 12:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• awww how cute but yes theres a stage where they just want to do everything mommy or daddy does. i thinks its one of the cutes stage because they try so hard to do some things its so cute contrats on your dd
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010