Do you think that having children are exspensive?

Do you think that haveing children today are exspensive? I mean really think about it? And if you do what do you think it is that makes haveing them exspensive?

Anangelsmommy7

Asked by Anangelsmommy7 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• In my opinion no they are not expensive. After the diaper and formula stage anyways. My kids don't have every little thing they want and wear clothes from WalMart. And there is nothing wrong with that. They go to public school. And I don't intend on paying for their college. I expect them to go though. The military paid for hubby's and I had a scholarship. And for four kids and sometimes hubby we spend about 300 dollars a month on groceries. In the summer about 400.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Let me see... I buy one box of macaroni for me and add three for my sons. But I don't mind; of course they are expensive.... but we don't mind. I want good things for me, but I want better for my children. I would be one person getting sick in the winter time, but they make it three and instead of one bottle of medicine, one doctor bill I have three, But I don't mind. They become teenagers, I pay triple for insurance.... but I don't mind. We eat out and they triple my bill, but I don't mind. Kids are expensive because they raise what it would cost you to live if it were only you, but if it were only you; you'd have more money, but less reason to work for it, you'd have more time, but no little miracles to spend it with. They are worth every single financial compromise, every single extra hour worked, every single anything that I've had to change in my life since I've become a mom.... and I don't mind.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Kids are pretty expensive, if you count opportunity costs as well.

The only reason I say that is because I had my daughter pretty young, at 21. I missed out on a lot of things my friends got to do. But that's cool, I'll still be hot when my kids move out ;)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Not to me. I thought it was but it kind of evened out for us. The money I used to spend on myself goes to my son. We're doing it on one income, mind you. I can see how someone would say that it is expensive but I let a lot of things go after I became a momma. Good Luck.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 5:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ya theyre expensive..but definetly worth it!! i think i spend more that what i should on my daughter..lol..but i love it! its hard not to buy stuff for them
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yes and the older they get the more expensive they are lol. Bigger they get the bigger the toys lol
    bambigrand

Answer by bambigrand at 5:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I cut back on alot of things i would buy for myself and spend that money on my son. Yeah he still is really expencive and he's only11 months. It's all worth it though.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Kids are very expensive. I have a two year old and daycare ALONE is expensive. But what can you do. At least she's potty trained now so my price should be going down soon enough.
    KenKie

Answer by KenKie at 6:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes, the more children you have, the more likely you are to be poor. They are the biggest predictor of poverty.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 6:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• HECK YEAH! Life in general these days is too expensive. That is why hubby & I only had two & I got a tubal. Can't afford any more!
    SarahNEmilysMom

Answer by SarahNEmilysMom at 6:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008