Pit Mommy's!

How many of you are Pit mommy's?? What kind and how old??How long did it take you to train your pup?

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 4:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pets

• i have a bully pit..(3/4 pit 1/4 bull) Her name is Lucy and she's all white w 2 brindle spots on her and one blue and one brown eye. She just loves my kids!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Train to do what?? I have 3: Red-nose 7yrs, mix-5yrs & a brindle -3yrs.
    They all are very well behaved, great with kids & the training never stops...got to keep them occupied but they knew the basic commands fairly quickly..hope that helps
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have a blue, 18 month old. He's a sweetie. I'm still training him. He knows sit, off the bed, no and come (only when you whistle). I want him to learn shake, play dead, and fetch. He's having a hard time with the bringing the ball back. He just wants to chew on it. lol.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 7:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have Chynna she is an American Pit Bull Terrier that is 10 1/2 yrs old. She was a breeze to train as a pup. But, training is an everyday ritual as with any dog. Consistency is the key.
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 7:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My girly is probably a year now. She was a stray but I know she's pit. lol, shes got a huge head. She could use a little more training... =//
    3Smiths

Answer by 3Smiths at 7:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• dont have one now, but years ago my aunt had a pitbull named sarah i helped to raise since i lived with her. big ole baby....she thought she was a lil lap dog. very smart, learned very quickly, very protective over the kids and the other dogs in the house. a big ole cuddle bug but she was really stocky and built when she was older, so this huge musclar dog would come bounding in and jump on your lap licking you to death lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• watch the dog whisperer. the way he trains is similar to how ive always been with dogs and it works. ive had a pitbull at a friend who was not trained very well get aggressive with me and dominant, i naturally always do the calm dominance and refuse to let a dog make me nervous or make me step back, he might of been trained to be a watch dog and was aggressive but he responded pretty quickly to me being assertive unlike his owner and backed down within minutes. its all about your attitude, with any dog not just pits. dont let the dog run your house and no they are not babies, if you treat them like babies they will take over. my moms house is ran by a freaking poodle and a dachshund cause she did that lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have a 3 year old Brindle female. She's GREAT with my 2 year old, she's such a lover!!! Pits are wonderful when in the right hands. :) She was VERY stubborn to train, she was to smart for her own good but now she's great. It took a good 8 months for her to be fully trained and I am always working with her, even now. It's worth it though!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm mommy to a couple of Pits! And they are my babies - but I'm the dominant one BY FAR!! I used to train them for other people (for 4 years) - but quit when I became pregnant with our now 19 month old son. What do you want to train your dog to do?
    tcmeeler

Answer by tcmeeler at 12:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Im a Very Proud Owner of a Anmerican Pitt Bull named Simba. He is now 6. And the biggest baby you would ever meet. He is so big and looks mean, But would rather lick you to death. I would be so lost with out him. My cousin gave me him as a Christmas gift 6 years ago. And he was so tiny and sick. I got him all fixed up and better. And with in one week. He was house broken and Pretty much trained. He somtimes acts out if im gone all day. He will go in to the trash. But He is such a good boy most of the time. I am blessed. You can have your dog Trained at Petsmart or you can pick up some great books. I found alot of great info on here. And thats how we trained Simba. He is still well behaved and never has any mastakes in the house. But he is a handfull to walk sometimes, Because he walks me. So I am looking for someone to re-train him in walking better.
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008