where do you?

Where do you keep open bread? On the counter? In a bread box? in the fridge? In the cupboard/pantry? And what part of the country do you live?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We have a tall, shelved, wire rack hanging on the wall in our pantry. We keep out bread there. We live on the east coast, in MA.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:51 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Either the counter or the fridge, depending on how full the fridge is. We live in PA.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I live in GA and we keep it in a bread box
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We keep ours on the counter. I used to put it in the fridge but moisture would get in the bag and make it soggy. I live in NC.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• when my mom moved in with us, she brought her bread box so I use it. I'm in FL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Counter.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• In the fridge it last longer, I'm in MA.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We keep ours in the freezer because we don't use it fast enough. We microwave it for a few seconds to defrost it. The family I do childcare for has theirs wrapped in it's original wrapper, they twist the wrapper and put on a freshness clip, and place it in a big ceramic bowl on their counter. They have maybe three different breads in there at a time. We live in MD near DC
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm in GA and I keep mine in the fridge. It seems to last a lot longer that way. My mom always kept ours in the pantry, and it seemed to taste vaguely yeasty, which I hated. I find it doesn't really have that taste when kept in the refrigerator.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I keep it in the lazy susan in my cabinets. We live in TN.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010