What would you do??HELP PLEASE!! adult content

So im a SAHM, I havent lived near my family in 4 years, my mom just moved about 20 min from me.

She offered to take my nephew from my sister for 2 weeks, to give my sister a break. Well one morning, she just pawned him off on me. saying she hasnt found anyone to watch him.

He has been Hitting, kicking screaming, yelling, swearing, pulling my daughters hair, and has the worst attitude just like his mother. His attitude is starting to rub off on my 3 year old daughter and i cant stand that.
He is the kid from hell i swear

I dont want my daughter to start acting like this, all im doing is yelling at him because he doesnt listen...what should i do!??? helllppp!!!! Hes 5 and starts school this year in sept My mom has no way of getting him back to NY yet...we live in georgia.

SunShineMoMM

Asked by SunShineMoMM at 9:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you called your sister???
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yeah and i told her what he does and asked her why...all she does is laugh and says "yeah thats my boy"
    SunShineMoMM

Comment by SunShineMoMM (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm confused, have you had him for more than one day? Or your mom just up and dropped him off and never came back for him? Just clarifying. How does your sister feel about this? Does she even know? And there were no arrangements made for him to go home??

Oh my gosh momma, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I've got no advice but here's a bump!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Poor child probably does not get enough love & affection. children, especially boys, will use bad behavior as a way to get noticed. I think you should practice patience with him, stop yelling, stay calm & create a rewards chart for his behavior. If he can go through the whole day without being rude, he can have a treat of some kind. He must feel horrible being abandoned by his own mother. He is probably going through so many emotions that he is just not ready for at 5. I feel very sorry for him. He needs a parent who can be compassionate & patient with him & try to undersand him & why he behaves the way he does.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would drive him back to your sister.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Give him back to his mother!
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 1st off call your Sister. Second you need to realize this little boy doesn't know where he belongs... First his Mom pawned him off on Grandma, and then he ended up with you. I'm guessing he didn't know you all that well, being they live in NY, and you are in GA. I feel so bad for him. I know his behavior is no excuse. You need to get him back home to his Mom, NO MATTER WHAT.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes ive had him since friday, She comes about 430pm to pick up him. She showed up about 7am every morning to drop him off. She never said anything about me watching him, and was knocking of my door at 7am friday morning.

My sister is fine with this, as long as she doesnt have to put up with him, She told me, "well theres no reason you cant watch him you do stay at home all day," and i tried telling her that i had homework and school to do during the day.

No arrangesments to take him home...my mom hasnt even mentioned it. She is broke and couldnt even afford to get food for him, she had to borrow money just to get him food for dinners...
    SunShineMoMM

Comment by SunShineMoMM (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Poor kid. Sounds like everyone just wants him out of the way. I'd be angry too. I hope you decide to use this as an opportunity to teach and love this little boy.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Make you rules very clear and stick to them with both kids. When you DD acts up, ask her, "Do we act this way at home?" and make it clear to her that she won't be acting like this kid.

As far as expecting you to watch him without any prier conversation, I would be having a long talk with your mother. She's the one that pawned him off on you after she agreed to have him.

It's very sad for this little boy to be pawned off on people after people. Maybe you can be the one positive influence in his life. Good Luck.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010