WHICH SET OF GRANDPARENTS DO YOU LIKE BEST?/ MOM'S OR DAD' PARENTS

Ididn't have to make that choice, my GRD parents in Scotland died when my Mom was 7, my Dad' Dad when I was 2, and my other GRD Mom was living w/an Aunt. My Dad had an argument w/my Aunt so my brother & I visited on Holidays.Which did you like best and why?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I adored my mom's parents. My grandmother had a way of making you feel like you were the most special person on earth. I hope I can be like her when I am a grandmother. My grandfather was an old grump, but I was his favorite and I did love him a lot. My dad's mom is still alive and kicking at 93 - she's a hoot - but she's just not the same kind of grandmother as my mom's. I have been very fortunate to have my grandparents in my life for as long as I have.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Our boys don't have any Grandparents on my side. They have all passed. On My Hubby's side there are just his parents, and I only know his Mom and Stepdad. They are wonderful people, but live 2000+ miles away. I have yet to meet my FIL, he lives in my Hubby's home country England. So we make do, they see my inlaws maybe once a yr, and they seem okay.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'd have to say my Dad's mother. His father passed away when he was a child I heard he was a great man though, his mother never dated anyone else.
    I hated my mothers dad, when he died I didn't bother to cry at his funeral I was glad that he was gone, he was always mean to me and treated my cousins like they were his world. I never met her mother, just always heard that she was a b!tch.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• All 4 of them are amazing. They are all Greek and in Greece grandparents are VERY involved in the children's lives. My mom's parents lived across the street from us and my dads parents lived a block away. My grandparents brought me and my siblings up because our parents were working.

Now I may love my dad's dad a little more than the other grandparents because he is the only dead one and let's face it, when someone is gone you appreciate them more..
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My maternal grandparents were wonderful.  My paternal grandfather died before I was born and I didn't meet my paternal grandmother until I was 22.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My dad's parents. We grew up just a mile from them. I would walk there every saturday morning in the Summer and help them in their garden. My grandma taught me so many things. I'm closer to her than I am to my mom. Grandpa died eleven years ago, but I was very close to him as well.

My kids have my parents who they are very close to and DH's dad also...his mom died right after my grandpa.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• While I loved both sets of grandparents, I definitely had a special spot in my heart for my mom's parents. They were more warm and loving.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I was extremely close to my maternal grandparents; they were the best.

I never met my paternal grandparents. My grandfather was murdered when my dad was a toddler. My dad escaped his native (communist) country when he was 17 and never went back. My grandmother died when I was in my teens.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My mom's parents. They raised me most of my life. I never met my dad's dad, he died a few years before I was born and his mom never tried to have any kind of relationship with me and didn't do anything even though she knew for a face my mom and step dad were abusing me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Neither

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010