When is time to try again?

For those of you on your second, or thinking about having a second, how long did you or will you wait to start trying? If you already have a second, how old was your first when you got pregnant with your second? Looking back, how do you feel about the timing? Thanks...just trying to get some perspective.

JRB101009

Asked by JRB101009 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We started trying when my son was 21 months old. We had a miscarriage and are still trying. My son is now 3 1/2..... I'm very sad at the age gap my children will have...

Start trying when you feel ready. If *i* were you, id probably try now, so they can be coming out of baby stage close together. I think it would be easier than starting all over in a few years.

Good luck!!!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have a 1 year old and am planning a second I think Im going to wait until he is 3 to get pregnant again even though I am dying to have one now lol. I want to wait until he is a little older so he can have mommy all to hiself when he is a baby, plus that way I dont have 2 in diapers lol. Then Im going to wait until the second one is 3 then concieve again, but thats just me.
    fangedangel32

Answer by fangedangel32 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well this is my 5th but it's my SO's 2nd child. I got pregnant when she was 15 months, it wasn't planned but I see it as being perfect timing cause she'll be 26 months when the baby is born and buy that time I'll hopefully have her out of diapers and using the potty. So when the baby is born they will be close enough in age to hopefully be good with each other and have the friendship that they'll need to grow up together.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• It's pretty much when you and SO/HB are ready to have anther one.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We didn't really time ours but they ended up almost exactly three years apart. My first was 2 when I got pregnant with our second. So the baby was born and our oldest turned three a couple of months later. Same thing with our thrid. Our second was two and turned three a month after the baby was born. I like the spacing. The oldest moves out of the ultra needy phase in time for baby, who needs most of your attention. Hope that helps!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i have a 9 month old and im planning on waiting until shes 3-5 years old but not any older than that. i want a little bit og age difference but not too much,
    Charisma88

Answer by Charisma88 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I should have mentioned that I have a 10 month old and am going to be 35 in a month. The age factors into a decision, though I know women are having babies much later.
    JRB101009

Comment by JRB101009 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We started trying in January my daughter was 13 months, we became pregnant when she was 14 months. So here I am 32 weeks 4 days pregnant lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My kids are 7 years apart. I think that is the perfect age difference. They are far enough apart to have their own separate lives, and not to far apart where they don't bond.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• my hubby and I thought about it and thought about it. We are trying now and our LO is almost 11 months.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2010