Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone allergic to semen?

I have heard that this can cause bacterial infections. Any information would be helpful!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

Answers (8)
  • I haven't of that if you are allerigc to it, that it will cause bacterial infections. Bacterial infections are usually caused by not wiping properly after number 2. Or an uncicumsized partner

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • "A small percentage of women develop an allergic reaction to their husband's sperm. About 5-10 percent of women with infertility are found to be allergic to their partner's sperm, and in the general population, the numbers are probably right around that 5 percent range. An easy way to tell if it is a sperm allergy is to use a condom -- if you do not have irritation when using the condom, but you do when you don't use one, then you have your answer."


    Answer by caitxrawks at 5:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • "Sometimes the problem is not the sperm, but rather lubricants, contraceptive jellies or even condoms. Try eliminating these to see if there is a difference (if a condom is your only means of contraception and you do not want to risk pregnancy, don't eliminate the condom -- try a different brand, maybe a "natural" rather than latex condom, or use one without spermicide). Bacterial or viral infections are other possibilities. You should follow up with your gynecologist to rule out possible bacterial or viral infections."

    Courtesy of I-village =] There's lots of interesting info if you google it.

    Answer by caitxrawks at 5:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • i have the same problem when my husband ejaculates in me, afterwards i have to take a prescription that my gyn has given me to take, which is macrobid., used to help elimate bacterial infections., which i seem to get or keep due to semen which i have only had or gotten from my husband., nothing bad on his part, my body just seems to not fight of bacteria and further more keeps it around., so everytime we have sex, i have to take this pill.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • I take the macrobid too! I'd get a "uti" every time we'd have sex!!!! talk about frustrating, then you don't want sex b/c you know it leads to pain, blah blah blah..... thankfully the meds worked & i'm over that!!!

    Answer by Davidsgirl03 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • doc just gave me a scrip for something once, then gave me one for a gel that I have to insert twice a week. Said that is the only way that have found to keep them from coming back so frequently.


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • Semen screws up the PH in your vagina....leads to nice yeast infections. Found that out by doing the deed 7 times in one night. I paid for that one dearly.

    Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

  • I have just found out that i am alergic to my husbands semen, so we have been told that where we are doing iui's to concieve because of unexplained infertlity, he advised us on using condoms everytime we have sex so that we aren't causing any further issues in my vaginia.

    Answer by angelfire20037 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.