How Have You Reacted When You've Just Missed What You Knew Would Have Been Your Car Been in an Accident?

Two times this week, once a car, once with a big truck, I was out with my husband, and we're in the Country on a nice quiet back road. Both times just by second or so, a car 1 day and the truck another day by seconds, both on a curve, crossed the yellow line. If we had just been seconds earlier we definately would have been hit, and people don't drive slow even in the Country, that's why they cross the line a lot on the curves. How would you react? I usually look to the sky and just say, Thank you Lord, and go on thankful for the rest of, at least that day.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Travel

• I do the same - I thank God for saving us. It really puts things in perspective when things like that happen. I also like to think that times when I'm on the way out the door and something happens like a bad blow-out diaper or one of the kids needing something that makes us late - you never know if leaving when you did might have put you at danger for something. It helps me to not be cranky at the time delays. Because there are plenty of times in life that if you'd been a few seconds or a minute or two faster you would have been put in danger.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 9:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 2 years ago we were driving down the long island Expressway in the midst of the night when all of a sudden a car on the other side of the road made a u turn onto the expressway the wrong direction we barely missed the car.. my reaction was shock. thanks all praise to Allah we did not hit him. he kept going in the wrong direction. I often wonder what happened with that person that day. i say him.. but im not sure it was a male.

where i live now.. its a near miss every few seconds... my reaction.. i have my foot against the wall fo the car and my hand on the windshield.. and im constantly remembering Allah by saying Thanks And praise to Allah, Glory is To Allah and free from imperction is Allah . hubby tells me i need to relax. but it's very unnerving. glad you were ok
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I got hit last month and knocked into oncoming traffic during rush hour. Thankfully everyone managed to stop. My 10 month old was strapped into the back seat. So all I could think about was him. My heart almost stopped and I felt sick to my stomach. My hands shook so bad I could barely drive home after it was all said and done.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Last year we where leaving our subdivision... Our light just turned Green... We went through .... And the car that was behind us got smashed by someone who ran the red light .... It seemed like the guy didnt even attempt to put on his brakes for the redlight!!
    If we would delayed going through that light it would have been us who got t-boned & we had our at the time 2yo dd with us that just got out of the hospital a few weeks back from surgery (she had hip surgery for a rare infection) so all i could think about is what the hit would have done to her & it scared me thinking of her being put back in a hospital bed..

It scared us pretty bad..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I barely tapped the bumper of the car in front of me recently. She was really nice & we simply exchanged info & I promised to pay for her bumper (no damage to my truck). Hitting her slowed me down enough in my day to avoid 2 headon collisions later in the day, either of which would've killed me & our dd, 15 mo. During the process of settling up w/ her for the damage I caused I thanked her for being in the right place @ the right time to save our lives. She was as touched as I was. Life works in wierd ways but I was sooooo thankful that day. I haven't had an accident in over 10 years (& no I'm not that old, I'm 30) so when I 1st hit her I was really irritated @ myself. Less than an hour later I was thanking the goddesses & gods for keeping us alive.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Just the other day, DH was fussing at me because he was ready to leave for work NOW and I just HAD to have a cup of coffee to take with me. No, he wasn't late... just not as early as usual... but on the way there we came to a 4way stop (that we go through multiple times/day) - as we are coming up on it (just in time to start slowing down to stop) a truck FLEW through the stop sign.

If I wasn't a caffeine addict, we would be dead - at lead DH would've been, because it would've hit on the passenger side.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• im with u op
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2010