Santeria

Do you believe that the religion Santeria should have the right to practice their beliefs in the US?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why shouldn't they?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Never heard of it.

I don't care what anyone believes as long as they follow the law and do not harm any one else

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Yes, this is where freedom of religion kicks in, it is just as valid as any other religion.

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• constitutionally, yes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sweet it is a kind of cross between a pagan and christian religion. It is very interesting.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I believe we live in america and everyone has the freedom of religion. So constitutionally they can practice whatever religion they want
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 9:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Freedom of religion means freedom of ANY religion (at least as long as they aren't hurting people).

And I agree that Santeria is really interesting. I know little about it, but I want to learn more (I love learning about religions).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Of course they should, within the bounds of the law. Fortunately most places have had their laws clarified enough to allow for safe and sanitary animal sacrifices that don't infringe on their rights, thanks to all the Kosher food handling laws already in place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Are you going to volunteer your puppy?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• To a certain extent. The animal sacrifices are animal cruelty. Other than that I say have at it.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010