how do i deal?

I had a miscarriage january 09.
My baby would have been due about sept 21st.
Here it is, august 10 and I am still not pregnant.
A lot was "against me" while I was trying this whole time. I was still breastfeeding, and the birth control I had been on after birth was not completely out of my system. In about june, I decided to stop trying. I joined a gym to try to get healthier.
I still wanna be pregnant and have my 2nd child soo bad... I'm soo torn on if I should just wait and continue at the gym, or if I should still just go for it!?
I would kinda really love to be pregnant before my baby should have been one....

What would you do?
How do I deal with all my feelings over this??

ToriBabe1221

Asked by ToriBabe1221 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Why would you stop going to the gym while ttc? Working out during pregnancy and ttc is a good thing. just don't over do it. Only you can figure out your feelings and what is best for you. Miscarriages suck and there is no one way to get over them. You just have to do what you think will be best for you.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I guess I'm afraid working out might cause a miscarriage or something. Just paranoia I guess... :(
    I'm not exactly "fit"... still about 50lbs heavier than I was prepregnancy with my first child. So part of me wants to lose some weight before I get pregnant. But another part of me wants to be selfish and try for a baby, skinny or not!
    My son is 3. If I were to concieve right now there would be nearly 4 1/2 years between my children. So this is another pressing issue for me.
    Its hard knowing I should be planning a first birthday and I can't even get pregnant again.
    ToriBabe1221

Comment by ToriBabe1221 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Maybe your worrying or thinking abt it too much. I don't think a miscarriage is going to be caused by going to the gym, my Dr. told mr it usually means there was something wrong w/the baby. Just try and relax and enjoy your child, and poof you'll be pregnant before you know what happened. Good luck it took me 8 yrs and 1 miss carriage at the 4th yr in between, and mine was all in the head.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My husband and I were ttc for 12 months with no success I started working out and lost a total of 20lbs and here I am 18 wks pregnant i suggest sticking to your work out routine being in good health helps a lot with pregnancy
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Being 50 lbs heavier in itself could be causing some problems with ttc. Excess fat can really screw up your hormones (of course different people are more or less sensitive to it) Unless you're doing some really rough exercise (full contact sparring, rugby, etc) the exercise is more likely to increase your chances ttc than hurt it. Keep going to the gym!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We started TTC last August, and didn't get pregnant until February. I started going the gym in January, lost 10 lbs and was starting to really feel good about myself and got pregnant. TTC is very stressful, and can eat you alive! And I know it's easier said than done, but really you just need to relax. Focus on yourself for a while, focus on getting in better shape and it will happen when it's supposed to. Stick with your workout routine, it will only benefit you in the long run! I felt like giving up when we were trying for over 6 months and couldn't get pregnant. That's why I started going to the gym, I needed something else to focus on and something else to think about. I completely changed my point of focus to working on myself and what do ya know? 6 weeks later I got what I'd been wanting for a really long time! Our boys will be just over 4 years apart and it's really good, our oldest will be able to help alot!
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 11:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010