My sons wont sleep through the night?

I have 2 beautiful twin boys that will be 1 year next month. I am still in school (1 1/2 years left (i am a teen mother)) and they will not sleep through the night. I do not understand why they don't. They get up every 2 to 2 1/2 hours if not sooner. Is there anything I can do about this because sometimes they just will not go back to sleep for at most an hour. Please help me hear.

Thanks

Nicole

Cole_monster

Asked by Cole_monster at 5:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A LOT OF BABIES WON'T SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT UNTIL ALMOST 2!!!!!!!! Medically speaking; a child or baby that sleeps in a 5-6 block is considered sleeping through the night. Try swaddling, a good, regular night time routine. Dinner, bath with lavender wash, a bed time story, one more bottle and bed time. Lack of sleep is a HUGE part of motherhood. It won't last forever!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with the previous post about setting a bedtime routine. Do look into the lavendar bath first, though, I've heard it's not good on a regular basis for boys. Are they waking up hungry? If so, try to make sure they are eating closer to bedtime and filling their tummies before they go to sleep. Other than that, just know that eventually they will indeed sleep through the night and you will survive the sleep deprivation. Good luck!
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 5:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Read the No Cry sleep solution, it works GREAT for older than 6 month babies and no CIO needed!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Have you tried to cut out their nap during the day? I would try to do that... Keep them occupied throughout the day. Girl, I swear my daughter never slept thru the night... She was just too darned busy!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• have you ever tried soft music, or a fan in their room. or with my son DJay he ha to have to tv on in his room. at least on the blue screen.
    Angel713

Answer by Angel713 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008