Sick 3 year old

Yesterday in the early morning my daughter started of with a slight runny nose, then last night she's wheezing and when she coughs it's a funny noise, I wouldn't say it's a bark but it's not her normal cough. She also makes noises when she breathes in and seems like she sometimes has a hard time swallowing.
I know already all of those are symptoms of many things, one in the common cold, (crazy to get a cold when it's 90 degrees outside, but i happens) She seems like her self but last night she had trouble sleeping and breathing. Should I give it a few days to see if she improves or take her in becuase it's better safe then sorry. Maybe it's just a sore throat and a cold?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I always waited a few days when I suspected a cold. If it is a common cold, then by day 3 she should be getting better, if not then it might be time to take her in.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If she has a regular doctor call the office and see if they recommend you come in or wait it out. If it were me, i would go. But I am a worry wart.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If she has any fever, I would definitely go. It might be allergies. Think about the changes in the weather and the environment.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If she has a fever then I would call her doctor and see what they can do. When my boys get sick I have a list of medicine that they can take and dosage. If its a runny nose and a cough I use trimantic cold and allergy. They usually clear up in three days but if not I would just call and get other suggestion from the doctor.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If shes having trouble breathing and her cough sounds more like a bark...she may have croup. she needs to go see a doctor.
    Jazmyn1227

Answer by Jazmyn1227 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 17, 2010