what's your favorite thanksgiving tradition?

Let's have a happy discussion for once =]

What's your favorite Thanksgiving food, tradition, memory, etc.? I personally love the turkey, muahaha.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i love all the family getting together..and the turkey wings..lol..and the pumpkin pie..mmmmmm..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Oyster dressing! YUMMERS!!
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Every Wednesday before Thanksgiving my mother and my sisters and I get together and bake pies and desserts all day. It's just awesome. We all have so much fun and that's the day we break out the Christmas music. LOL It's one of my favorite days.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• MY new tradition (about 10yrs so far) is celebrating DH birthday with the holiday. He was born on the 23rd but thats when his family celebrates it. My favorite food is a sliced of sweet potato pie (we don't do pumpkin in my family) and stuffing. Thanksgiving is the ONLY day I'll have turkey. I never cared for it. Everyone has a chance to stand (or sit) and tell us what they are thankful for. I love that part, not sure why but I do. I just hate when the spotlight is on me.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 5:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well, I would have to say it was eating with my family! OMG we had sooooo much food. But since I've been remarried we have not gone home to see my family at that time of the year... and at this point in my life, I am just not into that much food....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I second the Turkey! The whole reason I love Thanksgiving. If it wasn't for turkey I probably wouldnt be willing to put up with crazy relatives and inlaws!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• We help our church serve dinner to the less fortunate and then have a big family dinner. We give the kids an ornament for the Christmas tree so they have something new to put on it the next day.
    We also go around the table and mention what we are most thankful for.
    Anonymous

• I love pies!!!!! and the family getting together and laughing and having a good time!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• everyone saying what they are thankful for just before we chow down! Hubby loves to smoke the Turkey.
    merryheart

Answer by merryheart at 9:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009