what did/do want to be when you grow up and what did you actually become???

lawyer/teacher/a mother/soon to be business owner

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 10:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I knew I wanted to be in the art field. I didn't know what specifically. I think I said "artist" when asked. Now I am a graphic designer. I am doing exactly what I love. I can't imagine a better job for me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be on the radio. I studied broadcasting in college, worked on the college radio station which was pathetic back then, I interned at a local radio station, got my BA in communications. Then I moved to south Georgia to live with a boyfriend, we broke up, I worked in retail, years later met SO and now i'm a sahm lol. What a life. I hope I use my degree someday
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be a Mom before anything, so here I am, a Mom,lol.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be, in this order: A ballerina, A fire fighter, a vet. I am a mommy and part time nanny now.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• An ichthyologist. I was going to build a pontoon boat to do research from and then I was going to have kids and raise them on the sea, sleeping in hammocks and eating tropical fruits.

I'm not sure where I went wrong but I live in Ohio and fix machines.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Growing up I always knew when I had kid id be a sahm while they where little like my mom was for me...
    But I also wanted to be a teacher / psychologist..

For now I am just a SAHM but who knows what Ill "grow up to be" ;-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• wanted to be a teacher then I wnted to be an artist...so I figured art teacher would be great...then I ended up in cosmetology school and graduated from there...
    BUT
    I became a mom have done office cleaning, merry maids, cashiering, telemarketing/fundraising/newspaper and health book sales...BLEH
    I tell my kids to NOT be like me!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Well when I realized I was gonna be super-tall and skinny (by about age 9, LOL), I wanted to be a model. However, I developed an addiction to tattoos (and I like to actually eat like a regular person), so that went down the drain. The last thing I ever thought I'd be was a stay-at-home mom, but I def wouldn't change it! :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be a lawyer or a social worker growing up. The grown up me is a Mom first, Wife second, and "Production Coordinator" for a large factory third.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wanted to be an astronaut or an archeologist (like indiana jones of course) when I was a kid...
    I got my master's degree in counseling and worked as a substitute teacher after I got out of the Army and married my husband...
    now I'm not working, waiting on my baby to come...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2010