Your thoughts plz.. ShaQuan Duley admits to killing her two sons. Told police she just wanted to be free.

Trial no , she needs to be put to death by lethal injection.. IMO..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 10:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My heart aches for the terror and pain she caused those two little boys, as well as the rest of the family that loved them.

This is a local story for me (less than 30 miles down the road). She confessed to suffocating them prior to strapping them in their car seats and dumping her car in the river. Apparently she and her mother argued often about her lack of parenting and had argued again the night before.

Lethal injection is too good for her (and others like her). Medieval torture would be far more appropriate, and a far greater deterrent to others. Barring that, drop her worthless hide in a 20 foot deep hole with a heavy metal grate over the hole and leave her there. Toss food/water down once a day, but otherwise, bury her alive. Let her spend the rest of her days buried along with the babies that she was supposed to love and protect.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• This is why the Nebraska safe child law is so very important. Many states have laws that allow a mother who cannot cope to drop off a baby at a hospital, a fire station, even a church ... but few states have laws designed to protect the children first and deal with the parents second. The Nebraska safe haven law of 2010 places the safety of the children above all else, and for this they deserve our heartfelt thanks.

There's no doubt she's mentally unstable - mentally stable people do not kill their children. Clearly she needs help, but she also needs to (and I'm certain will, in many ways) suffer the consequences of her actions.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Huh! she needs to be killed the same way those innocent children died.

"Do unto others as you would want done unto you." Give her what she deserves.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• That is horrible. She does deserve the DP but because she confessed likely will face life in prison. Of course we dont know if she has a mental illness either which will way in if she is looney.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have been hearing about this all day today. It makes me sick to my stomach. I got cold chills reading and hearing about it. Wondering in my mind what kind of person would do this too her children. It is so similar to the Susan Smith case of 16 years ago. To be honest I am kind of depressed today about it. I am stuck at work and all I want to do is go home and hug my 10 month old tight to my chest and tell him how much I love him!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Lethal Injection is too good for her!!!! I cannot imagine anyone that would harm their precious babies!!!!!!!!!!! There is no punishment we can dole out here that is strong enough for what she did. But, I would start with drowning her the way she did those precious babies!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think a mother has to be in a very very dark and mentally sick place to do this. I don't think any one who does is in their right mind. It is not my place to say what her punishment should be, vigilanti justice is not my place. There is due process in this country. I am sure a jury of her peers will see she is punished as the law sees fit. I know we as mothers cannot even wrap our minds around doing something like this...I think women like these have many underlying issues, have been crying for help, no one listens, and they snap. Have you ever been stuck alone with a baby that screams non stop? We all have! It is our ability to get support and or help and walk away from the situation that makes us different. I would never kill my children, but I have had moments where I think...wow, now I know why women snap and do such drastic things. Sleep deprivation, no support etc...they snap! Sad sad story.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I agree... :( poor kids they 're in Heaven now ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Wow, I hadn't heard that, so sad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• She needs to be deprived of oxygen until she dies...just like her poor little babies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:33 AM on Aug. 17, 2010