Does anyone still run while they are pregnant? I have been getting funny looks

Sharcuba

Asked by Sharcuba at 11:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you go girl! I wish I could still run... I got out of breath walking up stairs yesterday and got really bummed :(
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, I bounce too much when I run lol, so I just do a fast walk.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• LOL...the funny looks are because people have been conditioned to believe that a pregnant woman needs to lay around and do nothing or the baby will fall out or something to that effect.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If your doctor says it's ok - good for you!! I couldn't (complications) but I would have loved to. People can be such jerks, just smile and wave at them, mama!! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Thanks guys!! Its really funny I can see the horror in some peoples faces. I am doing a combination on jogging and walking.
    Sharcuba

Comment by Sharcuba (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• as long as you were doing it before and your doctor oks it go for it!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• if you feel fine, and your doctor say its ok at this point in your pregnancy (whatever that may be..), don't worry about onlookers. bask in the glow and knowledge that you'll look great and feel great after birthing..and your recovery/reshaping your body will be easier, too!

i've never been a runner, but a speed-walker, and i know it felt good to keep up my regular routine, as long as i could. in my 8th month, when everything went sour (i also continued working until my 38th week/ 8-10hrs/day-5 days/wk)..my 'thoughtful and encouraging' dh showed me an article about an 8mos-preg marathoner who ran the Boston Marathon (i think that was the correct run)....i told him to stuff it where the sun didn't shine. LOL!
    keep up the good work, momma!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Charlotte York did it!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I jogged about 4 miles a day till I was 7 mos pregnant and the round ligament pain got too bad
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I was still biking and rollerblading until about 25 weeks... until my doc scared me out of it. After that I mostly just did walking.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2010