Can any one help me try to figure out what illness my daughter may have? Doctors seem unsure. Facial chapping , hot flashes, no fever, tenderness

Been to hospital and doctors seem to think strep throat, with possible scarlet fever or mild chicken pox. She has some small blisters on buttox, back of thighs, armpits, but not many. Along with facial chapping around eyes, nose, mouth and chin,with redness. She is tender on her sides if I try to pick her up it hurts. No fever. I'm at a loss. Any ideas I can look up?

mommytodtoteen

Asked by mommytodtoteen at 11:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• how old is she and how long has she been this way? did you notice anything leading up to this?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• She is 6 yrs. No idea what is happening. Her cousins came to visit. The one had impetigo and she developed a sore on her chin so I was treating it per the Doc and another on her leg then in the crease of her thigh /groin. Thought the rash appearance was from bandaids, but it has gotten worse and went from just chin to lips, nose and around eyes. My beautiful girl looks rough!
    mommytodtoteen

Comment by mommytodtoteen (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• is there any reason you do not suspect impetigo?
    did the doc give a cream? maybe it is time for an oral antibiiotic?
    try to be sure dd doesnt touch the rashy parts.
    keep her nails cut short to help prevent the spread. it seems like it spreads as easily as poison ivy.
    only use a towel once, then wash it.
    i think i would wash sheets, at least the pillow case daily.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010