Does being poor give you a sense of security that no one will get anything of value if they robbed you?

I've always joked that if someone can steal my identity and open a line of credit, they'll deserve it because even I can't do that now, lol

Another I'm poor joke I use a lot is if I had $1 million, I would pay off my debt and then put the remaining $5 into a savings account, lol

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would not feel secure if we were poor. We have been poor pre-son and that was the most stressful and unsecure time we had in our lives. I vow we will never go back to that time.

Btw, coming from someone who identity is stolen...it is no laughing matter. Especially when your own sister does it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• one man's trash is another man's treasure..don't you watch 'american pickers'?!?!?! LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• we have made that first joke too!
    money comes and goes...but good relationships that are the focus of your life remain forever!!!!
    a monetarily rich man once told us, the only difference between him and us was the amount of debt we had.
    since then, he has gone through a divorce and bankruptcy :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No, we were broken into ...the garage last Monday night and again on Thursday in broad daylight...they watched me leave...creepy. Needless to say the got about 4 grand worth of power tools etc, even took ice cream from the mini freezer. We now have Habitec Security system. I am not messing around with this criminal type anymore.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• haha :)
    I think I would be upset that someone came in our home but our stuff is just stuff and we would survive without it... The only thing I'd be really sad about would be photo albums and scrapbooks... if something happened to them and they got destroyed I would be a bit heartbroken over that...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:27 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I grew up lower middle class or working class and was that way until I got married. Gave me poor gave me less of a sense of security because of where I lived, shopped, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• No theifs don't care. One guy broke into my SO's truck and stole change a cable box and ripped his GPS off the dash. The only way we got our stuff back was the cops saw him, pulled over and saw all the items, when they turned on the GPS and pressed home it took them straight to our house. We got everything back except for the change.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sorry to hear about your break-ins salexander. And your auto break-in DesertRose.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2010