Come on please how do you ween a Momma's Boy away from his Momma?

This is all I really need to know.

newathis918

Asked by newathis918 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• i would say your kids and their happiness are more important. So go find him and if he doesnt like it then he needs to man up and pick up the phone and tell you where he is! if there are kids involved he needs to be a better parent. Just saying.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 1:41 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• So him the Bible passage that says when a man takes a wife he leaves his' parents household and starts his own.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Okay- I had one of these!!!! You can keep asking this same question until your blue in the face (which you are) and I totally understand. You want your husband and your kids want their daddy and he thinks his mommas more important- okay see i get it. But the other posters are right! The only way it will stop is when he wants it to stop. Sorry to burst the bubble but that's the way it works. Well I guess unless you move far far FAR away or to an island or something- so those are your 2 choices. I wish you luck because it is frustrating but that's the only answers.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:47 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• First off I must say you have to accept that his Mom will always be important to him and a part of both your lives. Try to get along with her and make her an ally - this is not always a possibility I know. Next is to confront him about it. Let him know how you feel. Tell him it is time to let Momma be Grandma now and for him to be a Man, Husband/Partner and Father. Try to help him close a chapter in order to open another. Try to change the relationship with Mom, but don;t try to get rid of her (if possible). You don't want him "blaming" you for "losing" his Mom. Good luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 11:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• sadly unless you are far enough away it will never happen... they will always chose mom over their women... its lame but true. good luck!
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• How old is he? I dated a "momma's boy" for a year, and ran screaming when I realized that he couldn't be weaned off. My ex is 30, and just recently (like a month ago) moved out of Mommy's house...
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• What attracted you to momma's boy in the first place? They say men are attracted to women who remind them of mom. Be MOM to him more than she is. That's the only thing I can think of. Remember though, she's been manipulating him a long time so she won't be easy to train. You could tell her to give you a chance. Good luck with it though. That's just way too much work for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't beable to live with a mommas boy, he would have to choose between me or her. And if he chose her then I would be gone.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sorry, but you do not have that kind of power. No woman does. If he doesn't choose to leave his mama's apron strings, you are never going to be able to wrench them from his tight little fists. If you aren't married to him, I would just move on. If you have already committed, then you will just have to accept that you made a really bad choice and make the best of it. Perhaps you will outlive her and the two of you can have a life together then.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Ladies if I must,
    There are TWO that's Right 2 other parts to this question right here waiting for your input.
    He is 36.
    Lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
    Works, For St. Johns Medical Center.
    And Said he would be home by 12 Noon.
    My Kids are pissed they want Daddy Now and He is not here.
    We want to go and find him or call him but he has said never to do that !!!!!
    What is a girl to do?
    newathis918

Comment by newathis918 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010