do any of your kids have speech therapy or physical therapy?

my 4 month old has been having a hard time turning towards one side so his doctor ordered him some therapy to make sure his muscles from both sides are getting strong at the same time. today is his evaluation and they are going to come and do the evaluation. does anybody know what they will be doing?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• The PT or OT will do some muscletesting and show you some exercises you can do with your child a few days a week. They will probably see your child 1-3 days a week and help you progress the exercises. It's good the you are doing this now vs waiting until it develops into a bigger issue!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Sorry I dont know what they will be doing but to answer your first question. My daughter has speech therapy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My son has been in speech therapy for over a year know. He had 40% + hearing loss until we got tubes put in march of 09 when he was 3 1/2.
    Now my co worker had the same situation as you do. It is nothing major. They just work with them to strengthen and stretch their muscles. She was upset because she was paying for it and it was something she could do herself she said.
    Good Luck I am sure your 4 month old will progress quick.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 11:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2010