Best way to announce

I have only told family and very close friends that I'm pregnant. I'm almost 8 weeks. I have been reading about people announcing on facebook with the first US pic but trying to determine what would be the best way. Perhaps invite everyone for happy hour and announce then.....or call people, email, text? I just dont want to spread by word of mouth but rather from ME directly.

CJnRB

Asked by CJnRB at 11:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I called each of my family members and close friends personally and told them... everyone else found out on facebook
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Invite everybody over for a special occasion,if they ask tell them it is a surprise and they'll find out when they get here.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• We have done this 5 times now, and the best way is to simply call and tell them!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Fist of all i would wait til you at least 3 months,that way your past the grace period.. I have waited for people to call me then i tell em, Like you i told all my family first, also texted close friends and then annonced it on my Facebook.. it was kinda of fun that way...
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• after we told my parents my mom was on the phone not 10min later telling everyone! the gossip train was in full swing! then i put it on facebook for everyone else! congratz!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I told people one at a time when I was ready. Do whatever you're comfortable with and what feels right.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010