if you lose your mucus plug early in pregnancy does it mean you will misscarry?

i know my mucus plug came out yesterday and i had a small gush of clear fluid. i am going in thismorning to find out if the water was infact broken. but if not does losing your mucus plug mean you will miscarry? or could it be ok? im scared. i have never miscarried and this is my 4th pregnancy. i am only 13 weeks. no bleading and a small amount of cramping. im afraid of going to the doctor because of what i think they are going to tell me. but dont worry i am going.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is not your mucus plug! I have had 4 and have 1 on the way! You produce large amounts of progesterone while pregnant, and the thick clear mucus in the beginning of pregnancy is simply a discharge! I guarantee the doctor will tell you the same!

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• http://snippets.com/when-does-the-mucus-plug-form.htm
    check out that site.. if you have lost it you need to go to the ER ASAP! dont be scared you need to go!!!!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Either way you need to face it and deal with whatever is goin gon!!!!
    BobbieJo286

• it sucks i cant make this annonymouse but im not stupid.....4th pregnancy! hello! i know the difference between the normal mucusy discharge and the actual mucus plug! it was the plug! i have lost one 3 other times and had the normal mucus discharge with 3 other pregnancies!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have heard of people losing their mucus plug and being fine - healthy baby in the end. I know that you can also end up with a healthy baby when your water has broken (but I am not sure how early that is). I sure hope and pray the baby is fine and you are just going to have to be VERY careful. I'll be praying for you today. Let us know what you find out.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I know when the mucous plug comes out in the third trimester and it's not time to give birth, the body can make a new one. Maybe it does that in the second trimester as well. I think so long as your water hasn't broken that you'll be fine. Your doctor will probably want to monitor you to make sure you don't get an infection.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010