Are you a left haned crocheter?

I had a hard time learning to crochet because I was left handed. What problems have you faced as a left handed crocher?

xpandyourmind

Asked by xpandyourmind at 12:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• no but I taught a friend who was left handed, it was pretty easy for her, she just sat across from me and mirrored me.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I am really ambidextrous and prefer my left side for writing and eating but throw a ball better and crochet right handed. You just got me in the mood to crochet lol...

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have no idea..I am left handed, so I assume I do it left handed, maybe I don't. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• My aunt is a lefty and she's been crocheting for decades! I had always assumed that a lefty would just be opposite.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm a left-handed crocheter and I haven't come across any problems at all. It was hard to learn though, b/c I didn't have any lefties to teach me, so I had to learn out of a book, and youtube. I've had absolutely no problems with patterns or with my work. I want to learn to knit, and I've heard that knitting is harder left-handed. I may just try to knit right-handed instead.
    colljd02

Answer by colljd02 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2012