why are women so afraid of ex's?

Maybe I just really have full trust in my husband, so I dont understand what the big deal is. It seems very high school to me for grown women to be freaking out about husbands being in contact with ex's. Sure, there are limitations but, I talk with so many of my ex's, even go hang out and my husband is good friends now with most of them.. and he could care less.. He doesnt have much to do with his because they live out of state or he doesnt care about them anymore, but if he did have contact with them, it wouldnt bother me. He had a life before me. That doesnt have to just end..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Hmmm...hubbs being buddies with someone he boinked..that's a no in my book...never know if the ex is gonna try to boink him again.

chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ex's for a reason.. wanna keep it that way
    Anonymous

• SO what if she does wanna boink him again.. your husband isnt a good enough man to say no??

Is it the same for you? Do you not think its right to be in touch with any of your ex's??
    Anonymous

• my husband hated his ex when i had met him cause she cheated on him and he was really in love with her. i talked him into talking to her and telling her he forgave her. i just didn't think it was healthy for him to be so angry. after some prodding he called her up and got together with her to talk. thinking i trusted him completely and that he was doing a good thing he ended up cheating on me with her. its been four years since then and she still calls him and wont leave him alone. stupid little girl. he wont call her or talk to her at all, telling her he made a mistake, but she still calls and leaves messages four years later. i hate her. "move on bitch".

thats why...

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 5:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I never had that problem. My X was the father of both my children. We made better friends than man and wife and I am happy that we were.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my hubby hates his ex too. he was w/ her for 5 yrs and she cheated on him alot. he finally got the hint and after a yr of not taking to her he met me. i have been w/ him for three yrs and she still tries to talk to him. he has not talked to her at all. isnt that odd she like texts and like talks to her self. ex hey just wanted to say hi. or she send dirty jokes. anywho ex's like her are what ppl dont like.
    Anonymous

• maybe you don't have a problem with it, but there are women out there who deal with this issue every day..my hubby's ex's came out of the woodwork when we first got married, one of whom tried to convince him to leave me and go back to her and his first daughter (which btw, i'm still dealing with) and another who thought he was the scum of the earth and now wants to be buddy buddy again...i get that you don't have a problem with it, but the women who deal with this kinda of stuff daily do...don't take this as bashing because if i wanted to do that i wouldn't have posted an answer,..but until you go through something like this you're not gonna understand why we have a problem with it..sry to be so blunt.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• omgosh...my hubby got rid of his ex because he caught her in bed with her bf guy...7 yrs ago but when we took a blended family picture and she saw it. she text him asking to take a pic with their girls and her after he shaved his mustage. I flipped and haven't trusted her since then oh my newbaby was one mo. old. you need to focus on nousuring other relationship :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't have a problem with my dh being friends with his ex girlfriends, with the exception of one. At the beginning, I didn't have a problem with her, either, until she started writing very inappropriate letters (I love you, I miss you, etc...), calling at all hours, etc. She basically stalked us for a couple of years. Oh, and btw, she had a kid and was married for part of that time. Her husband left her when he found out she was stalking us. (BTW, this was the man that she cheated on my dh with, getting pg with his kid while she and my dh were physically separated but emotionally and relationship wise together.) I want nothing to do with her, and I want her to have nothing to do with me or mine. But it's not an issue, because my dh feels the same way about her!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Well, I don't have to worry about that because my husband is from another country! However, I've had two bad experiences with ex's... Just don't want to go thru that crap if I don't have to... I say stay away from them.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008