How long did you have hemorrhoids?

How long did it take for your hemorrhoids to go away?
How bad were they?
I woke up to having some issues there. No bleeding, just discomfort, itching,burning, swelling...I've been using the Preparation H suppositories along with the cream 4 times a day..It's been helping...Just waiting for this to clear up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• They never go away - I got them during my first pregnancy (she's 10.5) and I still have them, my baby is 3 yo.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I had them only when I was pregnant b/c my job required standing and lifting for 8-9 hours at a time...the only time they are a medical problem is if you aren't able to push them back in....if they come out, you can stand in the shower and when you are wet, just take your finger and push them back in...if they get to thepoint where you can't push them back in, they have become vericosed and most likely need to be removed....I had to have one removed that was the size of your pinky nail and that was the most painful thing I've ever gone through in my entire life. It's worse the day after they do it and the local med wears off. The best thing to do is keep them dry. It can be very soothing to hold a warm hairdryer on your hemorrhoids and keep them dry. Preparation H can actually make them worse. I would just wipe after the bathroom with Tucks pads and then keep very dry. Keep your feet up whenever possible and don't strain to
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I'm 54 and have had them since I was 18. Doctors have suggested surgery many times but I have always refused. I use witch hazel sometimes but don't like to use things that have lots of chemicals in them.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:28 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• They dont ever go away the swelling just goes down. Take lots of fiber and stool softeners to help. The worst thing u can do is strain. Good luck.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 12:13 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• go to the bathroom
    calliesmommie