advice needed..ive been married for 3 years my husband cheated on me for two year out of the three including 4 months of my pregnancy.

he swears he love me and doesnt want to lose me and he loves me and his daughter but i can forget the things he has done and constatly check up on him and question him. we have a three month old daughter he is verbally abusive and controlling. is it worth working on? if anyone has been in theis situation pleae help!!!! no rude comments please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• Any man who cheats on his wife doesnt love her. Sorry. He must like the security and benefits he gets from you... thats why he deosnt want you to leave.
    And on top of that being abusive the way he is..? No way. You NEED to leave him. Think of how your marriage will be. You will never trust him. You will constantly fight because you wont beleive anything he tells you.. do you want to bring your daughter up in that environment? Do you want her to think that is waht a normal relationship is like?? Do your self and her a favor and leave that asshole. Dont be selfish.. especially for your daughters sake.
    Anonymous

• Nope, not worth it!!! Leave his ass!
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• He's lying. If he really loved you he would NEVER do anything to hurt you. He would never call you names or cheat on you, nothing like that.

You need to leave and never look back.
    p3rdone

Answer by p3rdone at 5:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• All I can say is "Bye bye, hubby!"
    AaronsMommy1015

Answer by AaronsMommy1015 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Why are you still with him!!! No woman or child deserves that kind of treatment. Good luck on anything you decide to do.

lafing

Answer by lafing at 5:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Ask ur self this ?. what would u tell ur own daughter if she was in this situation? Leave him & move on. He only has as much power as u give him. & by staying, ur enabling him 2 treat u this way. Then again, if u want 2 stay w/ him & work it out, then I would definitely set some boundaries & stick 2 them.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't think a marriage is quite the same after cheating. You can't trust him, obviously. He is abusing you whether you think so or not... You know you deserve better and your daughter does too... Time to move on Girl. Stand up tall, shake yourself off and say, "I refuse to be treated like crap anymore!" Start taking care of yourself and your daughter... Sounds like if you don't , it will only get worse!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• only you know if he's worth it. It would take a lot of counseling but it's whatever you want

Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Whats the difference inside your soul when it comes to cheating, verbal abuse, phyisical abuse, and his "I love you's"? They all seem the same to me! You're only kidding yourself if you think he'll change for you. I stayed in a relationship like this for a decade, thinking if I loved hard enough, maybe someday, they'd come around and have a lightbulb moment and make up for everything they did. WRONG. I was a fool, and it almost killed me. Get out and stop wasting your time.
    Snowbug925

Answer by Snowbug925 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If he's verbally abusive you need to run as fast as you can with your baby! The longer you stay the worse his controlling will get. As for the cheating, if he's cheated that long he's not worth it and he doesn't deserve you.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2008