What are your thoughts concerning this video and Islam?

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=0861ff3eabea1ceb73e4

Anyone (like Barack Obama) entertaining ideas of western democracies establishing friendly relations with the radicals of the Islamic world should watch this video.While watching the inflammatory rhetoric of the speaker, remember that this is not a Jihadists from Iran but a professor from Kuwait - a country with every reason to be grateful to the USA for liberating it from the tyranny of Saddam Husseins invasion.

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I see enough inflammatory rhetoric in the description of the video without having to click on it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• then your missing out on it... your choice. Dont judge by what the person said about this ... btw I didnt write that paragraph I got it from the page itself. You might want to watch it...
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I did watch it and it was preaching to the choir with me. Muslims are dangerous. Their war-like, primitive mindset has not changed since the days of Muhammed. It has not changed since the holy crusades, when the christians fought the armies of Islam. Their society hasn't advanced one iota in thousands of years. They have learned science and technologies from the pagan non-believers around them, all the while dispising them. And all the while planning to use it against those they stole it from. The mosque-at-ground-zero thing was on the news--again-- last night. I am tired of hearing about it. I place a curse on the ground where they are building it. And a binding on the Muslims themselves. If we blew up the mosque sitting on the temple mount in Jerusalem and put up a christian church, you can bet we would have all-out war. Even from those muslims who live in America!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• " I place a curse on the ground where they are building it"

And you sit here and point fingers at members of other religions that haven't acted with one ounce of aggression towards others just because you hold the actions of a few against the whole faith. Your understanding of the other faiths is just as closed minded and biased as that of the fundamentalists you seem to disdain so much. All you can see is the one way, a way that doesn't even make up for the entirety or even majority of these faiths you judge and condemn. This line of thinking is just as skewed, just as tainted, as that of those who actually DO promote the use of violence in the name of their faith, or merely use faith to justify actions based on other motives, which is often the case....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• You can find people anywhere that have extreme, separatist type opinions. You could have also found a video of a moderate, inclusive Muslim to post.  You posting this is no different then the professor from Kuwait.

There are a whole lot of problems in the Middle East that are caused by localized tribal or small town loyalists that see everyone else as an outsider, I don't want to join that way of thinking.  Look to countries like Jordan that are tying to bring more of a global view to that area of the world. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I agree 100% with witchqueen!    Fuck PC and WAKE UP people!  They are slowly trying to take over Europe by gaining some political footholds.  You don't think they are going to try and impose their religious laws on Europeans?  Why do you think all these laws banning burkas and such are being made?  Islam is the only religion worse than Christianity and mark my words when I say there will be civil wars in Europe if this cancer isn't stopped! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Witchqueen... yes it has been around since the days of Cain.... however it is no one's place to curse, it makes you no different then them.

Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Fuck PC and WAKE UP people! They are slowly trying to take over Europe by gaining some political footholds. You don't think they are going to try and impose their religious laws on Europeans?

If the only way you have to stop the extremists is to behave like the extremists, haven't you already lost?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:43 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• and there are Christian professors here in America who hate all ppl who arent super white...point? there are stupid extremists in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY including America...why do we think the Middle East should be any different? you dont like it when non-Christians show us in a negative light, so why do so many Christians continue to do the same thing to Muslims?

i'll stick to the idea of Islam that the Muslims ive met & conversed w/ have displayed, not the idea that the media and those who know no Muslims like to constantly throw in my face.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:49 PM on Aug. 17, 2010