How long after a miscarriage did it take you to get pregnant?

I had a miscarriage on July and my doctor told me to wait 2 full periods which puts me into the end of september to start. What did you do?

mamahertz

Asked by mamahertz at 12:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a m/c at 6w and got pregnant again right away - no cycle between, and that pregnancy was my oldest son. I had another m/c at 12w (years later) and took about 4 months to get pregnant again - though we weren't even trying, and that was my youngest son.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I did not wait. I got pregnant a short 4 weeks after miscarrying... My son is almost 7 months... and very healthy. I think it's up to you when you start trying... Good luck & I'm sorry about your miscarriage... It's a hard thing to go through.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 6:14 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I waited the 2 months like they said. I was bleeding very badly and it wouldn't stop so they gave me birth control during the 2 months to help and I got pregnant IMMEDIATELY after I stopped the 2 months of birth control. The other 2 children that I have were both conceived on the first try. I guess I'm just really fertile, blessed and lucky! lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:12 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I had a miscarriage in 2003 got preg. in 2007 and had him in 2008. Then I had a miscarriage 9/9/09 and got prego 3/10 and I am due 12/09/10 so far this pregnancy has gone very well. I was told that it is safe to try after your first cycle. good luck and best wishes.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010