Quickest way to get rid of poison Ivy?

NOTHING seems to get rid of it! I've tried Aveeno, Hydrocortisone creams, Benadryl, Calamine, IvaRest etc..I am covered all over my body with it, I've never seen a case of it this bad on anyone before. The doctor put me on steroids and they didn't even work. IT's torture, I can't sleep because it's constantly itching and burning and I look horrible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• i dont know if you have tried this but its just a suggestion. taking oatmeal, put it in a bathtub with warm water. the oatmeal will dry it out. i used it on my 8 yr old son who had it from head to toe. within two days it was gone. steroids are only going to make it worst. hope it will work for you.
    mother_of_52008

Answer by mother_of_52008 at 4:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Try sitting in a sitz bath with warm water and epsom salts. Or else rub solution on you. Also, calamine lotion helps some people. I personally am not bothered with poison oak or ivy, but my mother and middle daughter both have been. Grammie Barb
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My son used to get it really bad. We use Phels Naptha (sp?) found in the laundry aisle. Its drying to the rest of the skin, but it works well, and bonus... its VERY cheap!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Sounds WEIRD but it works. Dab Maalox on a cotton ball and rub on skin and let it leave a film and dry. Will stop itching and dry it up.
    1happymom42

Answer by 1happymom42 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Have you tried Tea tree oil? I can tell you how to get a really high quality oil if you want. PM me for more information.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 3:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Tecnu Extreme does wonders. I used the scrub.
    Anonymous