Is it just me or would you be concerned? (dr visits while pregnant see details)

Ok so i dont know if im just being an angry pregnant woman or what but Im super concerned.
I just had my second dr visit and i have yet to see "my" doctor. This is my first pregnancy and I just really dont feel comfortable with having a million people up in my "buisness" I thought i was going to see my doctor most everytime and it would be the same doctor delivering my baby. I really want the same person everytime not a million diffrent people.

is it just me having first time insecurities or is this "how it is"?

Some one give me the low down please and re assure my concerns thanks!

QueenB36

Asked by QueenB36 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats how i was but aftet the 3rd visit i started seeing just my dr ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• No, I go to a private practice with only one Dr. I have only ever seen him and a nurse (the same nurse) who takes my blood pressure, etc. You should look for a Dr. in a private practice, then you won't have to deal with seeing a million different people.
    Anonymous

• I have Kaiser health coverage so I go to kaiser, could i pick a private dr with kaiser insurance coverage?
    QueenB36

Answer by QueenB36 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If there are several docs in your practice, they may want you to meet all of them. If you go into labor and deliver while your doc is off duty, you will deliver with whoever is on duty. This way, you are not meeting the doc for the first time while you are in labor. Ask the office about their procedures the next time you there.
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I saw my doctor almost every visit until the last trimester, then I saw the NP and the other doc in the practice. With my second I always saw the NP (I loved her) and the doc on occasion and he delivered Zach. If you want to see one doctor you should move to a smaller practice, the bigger places are not as personal in your care.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• u should ask to see ur doctor everytime or try to find a different doctor and ask them before u even make an appointment if u see the doctor every time. i usually see a bunch of different nurses but the doctor always comes in every time. also, as ur pregnancy goes on, u will not care quite so much who sees ur business cuz theres gonna be a lot going on down there when theres a baby coming out
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Its understandable that you are concerned. I usually always seen my doctor but there where a couple of time that I didn't. When I didn't my doctor it was usually cause she was out of town or because she was delivering a baby. Usually when she went out of town she would ask me what doctor I would like to see while she was gone(because the office she worked in had like 7 other ob doctors in there). But as for the doctor delivering your baby....well it depends because if the doctor is not there because they are off or because you come in on a weekend or come late at night they would just have the on call doctor deliver your baby.
    Anonymous

• Get used to it now... You will never be modest again. By the time you have a baby, everyone will have seen "it" anyway. You have Drs, and you may have many.. Nurses, students, Respiratory may be in the room as well as lab and what not... There is no room for modest in pregnancy! Sorry.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I saw 3 doctors when I was pregnant. My visits rotated. Dr. Reynolds, then Miller, then Benson and back around again. I actually like this because then I knew for sure I would know the doctor who delivered me. All 3 wouldn't be gone at the same time. I've since moved, and we're working on having #2, so I don't know what they do over here, but hopefully I'll find out soon! And I hope they do it that way too! After I had my daughter, I went back to only seeing the one doctor. The 3 doc rotation was just for pregnant women.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008