I need to go to the dentist and also take my 5 year old to the dentist, but DH doesn't have insurance and nowhere takes payments

How can I aford to go? Everywhere around here don't take payments and you have to have the money up front. I know I need a cavity feeled, but I can't afford it. I think I need my wisdom teeth pulled as well. My 5 year old has been to the dentsit one time at 18 months she is 5 now and hasn't been to the dentist dince 28 months and my 2.5 year old has never been to the dentist. How can I afford to go ifour insurance don't cover it and nowhere takes payments and you need the money up front?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• I'd call the health dept and ask what is available. In our community there are mobile dental offices that come from a larger city to provide for non-insured folks but they only come about once a year. You could call a dentist too and just ask what some options are.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• do u have any free clinics around your area or a dental school
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• start putting away $20 a week if you are sure that no dentists in your area will take payments. when it does come time for your dental visits, you should ask if you could pay the medicaid approved amount.
    have you applied for medicaid?
    do you know how much the dental exams will cost? you should call to find out, so you know how much to save.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• no i can't find any free clinics anywhere
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Call one of the local College of Dentistry. I'm sure they offer payment plans but you'll be seeing by students.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 1:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Can you call any of the dental health insurance? Maybe they have low cost premiums.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 1:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Some states offer insurance for kids which includes dental but that doesn't help you as an adult. It's a start though.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

have you applied for medicaid?
    do you know how much the dental exams will cost? you should call to find out, so you know how much to save

We were on medicad until DH got insurance. I tried getting secondary insurance, but they wont let us and ever since I had my 2.5 year ld I see a dr a lot and I can't even afford that I am supose to see a chiropractor 3 times a week, but can't afford it they said we make to much for medicad. I already know it is goingto coat me over 1,000 cause I need 2 teeth pulled and cleaning and 2 or 3 feelings
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• most places take payment plans..but if NOWHERE areound you does, i would suggest find a low cost clinic or even try the local dentistry school in your area.
    heartsandskulls

Answer by heartsandskulls at 4:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010