I feel like being a mom is harder than I thought. I feel like I complain too much. I do not want to be a complainer. I want to be seen as a great mom by my husband. I just feel like its not as natural for me as for others. I dont want to complain anymore.

I am just sooo sleep deprived and run down. I feel so ugly. I have no clothes that fit me, no make-up, I always smell like spit-up. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• haha yes.. & i am judged constantly by the moms who moms help them. It makes me feel even worst about myself.
    Anonymous

• my son is 2. and its soooo hard everyday i understand id trade though for a day if yours is still small it does go by very fast.. i spend almost everyday telling myself to suck it up and go on.. kids are work..
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 6:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You have the right to complain if somethings not right. The worse you can do for yourself is bottle it up. I see a good mom/ a strong woman that able to take care of responsibilities and put her child (ren) first. Don't feel bad because you "think" you're run down, either. That will make matters worse. Once a month try to save up for a new outfit. Wear it as much as you want, too. It'll make you feel better. Grab some cheap makeup from the drug store (you might not even need it). Try a nice eyeliner and color gloss for starters. Pick your head up. Its mommy time! XOXO
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 6:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Honey you will be complaining for the rest of your life! It doesn't get any better... I wish I could tell ya it does...But mine are 25 and 20 and I complain as much know as I did when they were 2 and 7! Why can't you complain? You carried them for 9 months, were willing to turn your body into something unrecognizable, are up with them every time they don't sleep... Honey.. Complain all ya want.. If you want, shoot me an email and I will listen to your complaints.. If you don't... You will explode! LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Have your hubby keep the baby for a little while so you can take a bath and fix your hair. The spit up will go away. Try getting out and walking. The fresh air will help. Good luck. This too shall pass. Also take a little nap sometimes it could help too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ijuThis too shall pass my dear. A lot of women go thru this.
    Anonymous

• If you're still in the "spit up" phase, motherhood probably isn't fun yet. I remember thinking "this isn't what I thought motherhood would be like" while I was up at midnight feedings and pacing the halls with a screaming infant for hours. A brand new baby is a job...once you're back to sleeping and the baby isn't quite so dependent on you, you'll start enjoying motherhood a lot more.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I feel like that constantly! I have a 3 1/2 yr old son who is a handfull and an 18 month old daughter that is trying her damnedest to be like her brother! They drive me crazy most days....I breastfed both until they were 13mos old and by the time I was done with my daughter I was a mess. My husband made me go to a counselor with him and I don't know if it was post partum or what but they put me on cymbalta (for depression, anxiety, and fibromyalgia). It has been wonderful for us because my hubby got to see why I was so upset all the time and now he helps me more. You have to be willing to let things go...the house doesn't have to be clean, the dishes can wait and so can the laundry. Take a nap if you need it...try to take care of yourself...you and your baby will be better for it. Also, try keeping a journal...sometimes it just helps to get it all out! Good luck!
    lorihadams

Answer by lorihadams at 9:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008