Antibiotics? adult content

I was bitten by a kitten last week and besides the tetanus and rabies shots, I got a massive dose of antibiotics. I have had a horrible itching feeling outside of my vaginal area. Is this a classic yeast infection? I don't want to go to the doctor again, I am sick of doctors this week. I got some Monostat last night. Should this work? I hope so.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:34 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Health

• It sounds like it. Antibiotics kill good bacteria too so it throws everything off balance. Monistat should work.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I bet it is a yeast infection. lots of folks get one after taking strong antibiotics.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:37 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• The monostat will work. Just make sure to take it as directed even if you start noticing relief. Otherwise, the infection will come back. Also, make sure that you arent' having sex or your SO/DH can get it and pass it back to you again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• More than likely its a yeast infection. Have you ever had one before? You can call your dr and ask them to call you in some diflucan. Its a pill you take to get rid of yeast infections. Next time you take antibiotics ask your dr for a script for diflucan, that will help prevent a yeast infection when taking the antibiotics. If the monostat doesnt clear it up you need to see your dr. it could be bacterial and if so, you would need something different than what you can get over the counter.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Thanks all. I have not had sex in decades, so no worry about a partner catching this mess. I have not had a yeast infection since 1995. Sadly, I took diflucan then and it made me very ill. I will keep using the Monostat, I got the one day tablet type and a seven day cream. So, between either one, I should get rid of this.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Aug. 17, 2010