Day Care. How did you do it?

For the women who went back to work after their maternity leave, how did you handle paying daycare? I am due in March and then my husband will have summer leave (he's a teacher), but then we will be putting our kid in daycare. We do pretty well for ourselves but daycare is so expensive! How did you deal with it? It is more than worth it for both of us to work (I have great insurance and want to keep working) so one of us staying home is not an option. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For us, we found someone private that was staying home with her baby also. We pay WAY less than for a center and he will have more personal care and less germs. And since I'm a nurse with day and evening shifts and my husband is a teacher.. many daycares make you pay if your child is there that day or not. We don't have to do that. So for my baby, he will start next week, he will be going half days 2 days/week and 1 full day and we will pay $80 for the week.

So try to find someone that is a stay at home parent that maybe would be interested in making some extra cash.

Alot of people are on Craigs list too!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• We actually went in the hole and my hubby started staying home after about 4 months. We have 3 kids though so thats why it was too expensive. It cost us $350 a week and my hubby brought home after taxes and stuff $450 a week, take out doctors bills that went up because of daycare AND gas to drive to and from daycare...yeah we went in the hole bad!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008