Walt Disney World.

What age do you think is a good age to take you children to Disney World for the first time?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 1:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Travel

• I took mine when they were both 1. They had a blast and they were free. :) I would suggest magic Kingdom too. It has the most rides for children and they will love them!
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I went when I was 10 and I barely remember it all. I'd say, considering the cost of the trip, it'd make more sense to go when it would be remembered. If I had it my way, I would have gone when I was 15 or 16. I'd remember the trip AND it would have given me an excuse to act like a kid again when I was supposed to be growing up and maturing :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• 5 is ideal. They would definitely enjoy it at 3 though. Any younger and I would wait a bit. They would have fun younger, but since it is such a huge expense, you want to get your money's worth. FYI - I believe under 3 admission is free.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I just came back. I would say 4. My 1 year old did fine though. just a little more difficult.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was going to say right around 3 is when it becomes magical. It is bigger than life and is awesome for that age. We took 2 three year olds, 1 two year old and a 6 month old. The older three had the best time in the world. And every time a Disney movie comes on they are like we have been there and get so excited. They may not remember details but they had a great time and will remember that they went and it was great.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• 2 or 3 maybe
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We took our daughter the first time at age 5. She loved it. We saw a lot of little kids who were afraid of the characters walking around the park. So too young is not too good. But having a stroller to cart around your "stuff" could be useful (if you didn't absolutely need it for a child).
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• 5 and up. I remember my first time there was about that. We live in Fl. so I have been there many times...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• 4 or 5 so they will remember it...enjoy
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Assuming it's likely to be a once in a lifetime event that you want your kids to remember you don't want to go younger than 10. Anything younger than that and they will not remember it when they get older. However, even at 10 they probably won't remember a lot. If you go older then you run the risk of making the trip with an all too moody teen who doesn't really want to be seen with their parents or siblings and who feels too grown up for the Disney magic. I probably wouldn't go older than 13 to avoid the teen troubles. I went to Disney land when I was 5 and I can't remember a thing. I went to disney world at 10 and I don't remember much. I went to Disney world again with my dad when I was maybe 16 and I remember almost the whole trip but at the same time it wasn't as magical to me and I really didn't care much about the whole thing. If you just want them to have fun any age over 3 is good.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2010