Integrity?

Does your SO's integrity make or break a marriage?
(question from psych assignment that got me thinking :) )

Walker101

Asked by Walker101 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• The key to any relationship is honesty and trust. I know everyone says that, but it is actually a hard thing to do sometimes. True honesty means sometimes saying things that you know will hurt your partner. It means not being afraid of confrontation. So yes I need to know that I can believe what he is saying to me and to others. I know that he could go out with a group of women to a bar - have a great time and even flirt as much as he wants. He is still coming home to me. That being said if there is an indiscretion, you need to know that he will have the integrity to tell you about it. Then, perhaps, you can work through it. So yes, I think integrity does make or break it
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think so. I could never love a man who didn't have integrity.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I guess whether or not it is a deal breaker probably depends a lot on how much you value integrity. It would be very hard for me, personally, to live with someone I couldn't trust, for example, but people marry for all sorts of reasons -- children on the way, citizenship, money, power..I guess the answer would depend a lot on WHY you married your partner.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 2:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think integrity is very important in any relationship, be it SO , hubby, friend, family member.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:09 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Integrity is something that leads a man to do the right thing regardless of the consequences. I think that it can make or break a relationship depending on the other persons outlook on it. If you have 2 people with no integrity, they might be able to float along with each other with no concerns. But if one person has integrity then it would be difficult for them to stick it out with someone who had none.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• it all depends on how you want to answer.
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 3:18 PM on Aug. 17, 2010