ever taken phentermine?

How long were you on it?
How long did you take it?
How much weight did you lose on it?
How long have you kept that weight off?
What did you change (diet, exercise) while you were on it and how? And have you maintained that change since?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• DH took it twice.
    lost about 40 lbs a month.

in a year, he only regained 10 lbs.

it was also paired with a diet from a dr and used to help as he was learning better eating habbits.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yes took it
    tried taking it 3 different times (a couple months each time)
    lost 30-45 pounds in a month (every time)
    as soon as I quit taking it all the weight came right back withing a month
    When I was on it I had chest pains and felt like if I didnt go run a marathon I was going to die!!! I literally ran outside knee deep in snow and started scrubbing totes as fast as I could or I started running circles around my house (this wasnt pleasurable! my chest hurt very badley and this was the only way to get it to stop hurting) anyhow I also forgot to eat-literally! until my stomach was burning I forgot that I hadn't eaten. I dont recommend it at ALL!!! It was very dangerous! even the low dose kept spiking my blood pressure and making me pass out and have chest pains (and I dont have high blood pressure!) I would advise against it strongly!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Also I forgot to mention I have talked to others who have taken it including my cousin- a lot that I have talked with have had the very same adverse effects. it basically seems like speed! Not good for your heart at all!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2010