women please ask ur husband!!!

i am about to undergo a total abdominal hysterectomy in a few weeks, i am in my late 20's., and i have only one concern, how will my husband feel afterwards during intercourse with me., will he be able to tell a difference about certain parts not being there anymore, will sex be better for him., his emotions., what to do. i am so concerned, not just for me but a big part on his part. how does this effect him., so ladies if you've had this procedure done, ask your husbands point of view or how he felt going through this with you., or someone you know. thanks alot. i need all the help i can get.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• You know I may have to have a hysterectomy as well. My MIL did not too long ago and my husband asked my FIL how it affected him. My FIL said that he was just concerned for his wife. I don't know that they got into sex details or anything. However, my MIL says that the sex has never been better, but she was in a lot of pain before and isn't now, so I think that is the difference there., Good luck!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I just ask my friend and she said sex was great for her and for him. She said her h loved it after she had it done. I am sorry you are having to have such a radical procedure at such a young age

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I haven't had this done, but at one point it was something we thought I might have to have done. I talked to my dh about his feelings on it if I did need it, b/e emotionally I felt like I might be less a woman (in my brain I knew this was crap). My dh told me that aside from loving me and being worried about me, as far as finding me sexually attractive, it didn't phase him. He put it in a very goofy, silly way, but it made me laugh and I got what he was saying. He said - "I'm only wanting to stand in the foyer, I don't care how much stuff you have in the back yard... " ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My mom had a partial hysterectomy and as far as I know my parents are just as nasty as they ever were. I refuse to think about them having sex but, my tells me all about it and I go home puking. I am assuming its still fine. Ewwww!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You are having your uterus removed not your vagina. He will not be able tell the difference at all. If he would have issues with this they are just that...HIS issues. It does not make you less of a woman.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Most guys can name two body parts on a woman... And apparently we dont know women have inside parts... LOL - straight from my husband... Good luck girl!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I did have a total hysterectomy in May of 2007 (at the age of 38). I wasn't able to take any hormones for six months afterwards (due to endemetriosis), and had some problems with vaginal dryness. However, since I started taking Premarin, that has no longer been an issue and my husband has "no complaints!"
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Anatomically the part that your husband can feel will not be effected. You may experience dryness, but that can be fixed with a little lube. If you are worried that hubby will not want to be with you because you can't have kids, that is a completely different issue. Know that you are no less of a woman, and you are still the woman that he fell in love with. If you want kids you can adopt or be foster parents. Honestly, if you have a good relationship now it shouldn't effect you that much.
    firstimemom4049

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The only thing I have ever heard about it is that your vagina might feel a little longer because your uterus isn't there anymore. But from what I can tell by these answers it does not seem to be a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008