Has anyone bought a house that was listed as a short sale?

What are the steps do you just deal with a Realtor from the start? I heard first you have to find a bank that will actually lend you money then start looking is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I recommend getting pre-approved by a reputable lender first. Then you know how much you can afford. Short sales can be a great deal, but they take time and patience because you have to get bank approval. That being said there are some great progeams out there, just be sure you are working with a decent lender (get a recommendation from someone you trust if possible) Good luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would get a realtor from the start....I bought my house short sale and except for the fact that we paid a low price I wasnt really affected by it....my realtor did everything for us.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Short sales are a huge hassle and take time. Make sure your realtor is educated about short sales.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:08 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Pre-approved loan from a reputable lender and then be prepared to WAIT. The short sale in our neighborhood took almost a year to clear.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Time we have plenty of time so that won't be a problem lol. So that is why we want to choose this route plus it's a deal, so I guess first step is to find a lender / bank. Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010