Indoor birthday games-looking for ideas

My son is going to be 7 in late November. My husband thinks I am crazy for already planning the party, but nonetheless, I would love some ideas for games and activities. We are inviting 2 girls and 2 boys and are planning on about 2-3 hours or so. Here it is way too cold to do activities outside so we need things we can indoors. Thanks!

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Game Ideas I remember from when I was little:

Pass the Pumpkin(Basket): There are prizes in the pumpkin/basket and they pass it around as the music plays. When it stops, whoever has the basket gets to grab a prize and is out of the game. It goes to til the last kid gets the prize.

Or something I learned from Party Lite. There are stories you can download and you read it. There are usually key words like LEFT and RIGHT and when they hear those words that's the direction they pass the prize too. Whoever ends up with it at the end of the story wins that prize.

Cont'd..
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• you can do a scavenger hunt through out area's of the house. Or maybe have clues and hide things in different area's according to the clue's. Or have the kids make their own pizza's and have all the ingredients to personalize each pizza on boboli bread. You can even do that with ice cream sundae's. Twister. Board games.
    I always start planning my kids' birthday's atleast 2 months in advance, I just can't help it, it's so much fun!!!
    Proudmommy312

Answer by Proudmommy312 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• There's a Calender game. You make a huge Calender of THIS month...your child's birthday month. You put theri birth date on it...Halloween...Columbus Day etc. The kids throw a quarter and try to land on one of the Holidays or your child's Birthday to get a prize.

There's also a memory game. Have items on a tray and give the kids a few minutes to observe. Then cover it up and they have to write down everything that was on the tray. Whoever gets the most right wins.

There's also BINGO/GHOST or Word Scrabble.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I remember more games now. Musical chairs. The kids can work together to create a funny story with Mad Libs. There are tons of craft projects for really cheap on Oriental Trading Co., it would make a good keep sake.
    Proudmommy312

Answer by Proudmommy312 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Pictionary! Telephone!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 7:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2008