How to keep a toddler still during story time?

jeapjai

Asked by jeapjai at 6:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine will only sit still at naptime and bedtime. She has too much energy to sit still for more than a couple of minutes at other times. Some kids will quietly sit, some won't. I've decided to not fight my daughter's natural temper on this. Over the next couple of years, I'll work with her, slowly getting her to sit still for longer periods so she will be ready for kindergarten. Other than that, I'm not going to force her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• idk about story time but if i pop in the movie shrek, my son will sit there through the entire thing... good relax time, once a day, it was cars last year... i wonder what will be next!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• We only read the pages that he wants to. I let him turn the pages, and I just read as much as I can until he turns to the next page.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 7:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• is it story time at home w you? they don't have to sit still just keep reading. Sit on the floor and flip trough books. Point at pics....I am sure your toddler will get curious to see what you are doing and even "copy" you....Even if they are playing and you are reading they can hear you!! and that is what is important. Also read books they are interested in.

Is it at the library? We love story time at the library. And if it is an age appropriate story time a toddler wondering around should be fine! That is what they do!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008