school system... what do you think?

my daughter-three- went through IEP more than a month ago
she qualifies for Pre K three yr old because of delays
the therapists were trying to have me agree to therapies in her daycare
i said no, i wanted her to go to this school
which is out right
i have heard nothing about date and time starting
i called and left messages, no call backs
well finally go a hold of a receptionist at the school, she told me that my daughter is not even enrolled!!! so i run over there to fill out paperwork=school starts in two weeks!!

did we fall through the cracks
OR
was it on purpose, so it would be too late to go to that school and the school system would give her the therapy she qualifies for but it would be in her daycare-which is what they wanted all through the IEP meeting...=to save money -i am thinking

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 2:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my son was placed in school I got a placement letter A WEEK before the school year started.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 2:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• an IEP is a legally binding document between you and the school district, if you signed an IEP saying she would be getting school services, they would be NUTS to try to screw you over
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think it was neglect of enrollment due to you being able to get the therapist thru the daycare. It is so hard now getting what we want for ourselves or especially for our children cause no one wants to pay or go through the hassel. I hope you were able to get your daughter in cause know one knows whats best for our kids more then us mother's!! Good luck.
    inezmm2000

Answer by inezmm2000 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Like the pp said, if the IEP was written for your DD to have the PreK placement, then that is where she should be going. First read your DD's IEP and see what was finalized for her placement, then contact the district's special education director and start talking about "being out of compliance with the IEP" and "how are we going to fix this?". Read up on IDEA & special education law for your state, too, so that you'll be better prepared for future problems.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Forgot to say that my son has an IEP (Dx Autism)
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 2:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• typo
    which is out right
    which is OUR right (to have her get therapy for her delays)
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• yes
    but
    school system could give therapies in her daycare
    i said i wanted therapy in this special school
    spoke to the resource coordinator on phone after IEP
    she still was trying to talk me into therapy at her daycare
    i said no, i want at the school
    this woman had to agree, even said she would make sure my daughter was in am session, so she could get anps in in afternoon, she said she would call bus company to make sure she was on am schedule
    this was two weeks ago
    and just today i finally get a hold of saomeone at school and my daughter is no where on the enrollment

what is with that?
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• thanks
    i did go over there as soon as i got off phone and i filled out paperwork
    also told the two women there that the resource woman told me she was making sure bus company had my daughter on schedule for am, so they KNEW i was on top of

i just have a feeling that it is too conquidence that they (the school) tired to get me to agree to therapies in her daycare (to save $) and then my daughter is not enrolled

seems fishy to me!!

i have learned a lot about autism the last year AND i have learned to be a BITCH and not care if it helps my daughter get services she needs to develop and learn

watch out school system...here i come!
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• contact the district's special education director .............
    this is one of the people i called more than once and got no call back

a receptionist had to be the one to tell me that my daughter is no where on the enrollment

.....they saw me in person ten minutes later
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Aug. 17, 2010