I'm giving a Co-Ed baby shower...what games should I have planned?

I don't know how many guys are actually going to be there, but I know that daddy-to-be is...any thoughts?

Sathiera

Asked by Sathiera at 6:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The last baby shower I went to was not co-ed but a great game that guys might get a kick out of is the "dirty diaper" game. You take so many newborn size diapers, like 6. Get 6 different flavors of candy bars, some popular, some not so popular to keep it challenging. Grind & smear a small chunk of each candy bar into a diaper resulting in 6 "dirty diapers". The diapers get passed around and everybody is to look at and smell the mess to guess what candy bar is in each diaper. NO TASTING THE DIRTY DIAPER MESS! The answers are written down on paper. S/he with the most correct answers wins the prize. I can see how this would be funny to do with guys...sniffing dirty diapers. Gives them a little insight into what their life is about to become...only not so sweet smelling!
    OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 6:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• From my experience guys don't like games. Buy a 24 pack of beer for them instead :)
    Anonymous

• My husband and I went to one recently. I had to drag him along. But, he ended up having a great time, especially with the games. Matter of fact, all the men got competitive with hilarious results. There's that one game where you put a bowl on your head and try to scoop up cotton balls into the bowl. Cotton balls flying all over the place! The guys took over the mystery baby food game too.
    Mrs.Weezie

Answer by Mrs.Weezie at 6:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my brother in law and his wife planned my baby shower, it was co-ed, and we played a lot of fun games. in one of them, everyone in the room got a necklace (yarn) with baby bottles, rattles, and other baby things on it. there were words that no one could say or else the person that heard them gets their necklace. whoever has the most necklaces wins a prize. the words we had were 'boy' (i was expecting a boy), 'monkey' our theme was rainforest animals. we also had the diaper game but they used baby food and the people had to taste it to guess what kind of food it was. we also had people guess with yarn how big my tummy was. everyone would look at my belly and guess how much yarn would fit around me. when everyone was done, they got to come over and put their yarn around me, whoever was the closest won a prize. there are a lot of fun games you could come up with. hope you have a blast!
    aserran4

Answer by aserran4 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• -win loose or draw with the words to draw after baby items...just dont use the word romper it's impossible lol
    -musical bottles with bottles full of fluid, run the musiclet the people pass the bottles around, have like 3 or so, then when the music stops who ever has the bottles has to try to get the fluid out the quickest...guys dont get to use their hands, and no taking off the nipple etc.
    Guys actually seem to like the couple showers good luck =)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 7:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Guys would love this one...buy a bunch of different candy bars and a pack of diapers, melt them, and put a different melted bar in a diaper. Make people look, smell, and feel the diapers to guess which candy bar is in which diaper. Its gross and fun!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I just went to a shower the other day and the babyfood tasting is always fun but we also did one I had never heard of. There was a bowl of rice with a package of the teeny safety pins mixed in. You had to (blindfolded) search for as many pins as you could in 2 mins. Its so hard!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Make the guys drink their beer out of baby bottles!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008