Does it make any other Mom Mad too?

I just got back from taking my little guy to McDonalds. We go at least one a month to give him a chance to run & play & be with other children. (I a SAHM & hes not in day care) Normally we do pretty okay. But today was a nightmare. There were some older boys, being mean to the younger ones.
One of said boys was trying to get John to climb up to were the hoops where & sit with him. Knowing that John was told No. But yet there went John climbing up because another kid told him to. So I took John out of the playground & made him sit down for time out. No big deal. We talked about why he wasn't allowed to climb the walls, or whatever. He was okay with it.

Not even five minutes later, the boys where at it again. All said and done, John got knocked off a slide & dragged by his arm. The boys grandmother was there & didn't say anything to them & then called my child a heathen. What would you have done? Then I'll tell you

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 2:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would have told her, that since her grandkids were older, I would have expected them to be a little more mature than my "heathen", and possibly even instead of encouraging him to do what they specifically heard me ask him not to, been trying to get him to do something else! But, since her grandkids were obviously more immature than even my heathen, then I guess we would just go home and let her immature less than heathen grandchildren play, since it was obvious they were bad for my son!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I probably would have gone off on the old lady. First for calling my child a heathen and then for not doing anything about the kids being mean to the younger ones.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 3:00 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I usually tell my child something to the effect of "we don't do those things and if he/she is going to do that, we don't play with them." Typically the other child's parent or grandparent hears and I couldn't care less if I get a dirty look.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I have been in that situation and I've explained to my children (in a very loud voice) that if the other child can't play without being a bully then my children can not play with them. Normally I get glared at from the other parent.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:57 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would be pissed I can't belive that peopl elet their kids do such off the wall things OMG....!!!!
    cookoo49

Answer by cookoo49 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I would be like the first poster. Telling my son in a loud, meant to be over heard voice, "John, no you may not climb on the outside of the equipment like a the other big bully kids are doing. And I expect you to play in a civil manner. It is really sad that some kids get to push and be bullies out here and no one stops them. How awful to have such unruly children for your kids."
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I didn't tell the old brat off, I should have. Im normally very mouthy, But instead I took the higher road, & very loudy said John its time to go, We'll come back another day, a day that theres not so many big pains around." He waved goodbye to the few nice kids & then stuck his tounge out. Normally I dont allow him to act like that. Sticking the tounge out is a big no no around here, but I thought it'd be a good thing for my "Heathen" to do...

& as I walked out of the door, I made the comment to another parent, "Too bad its getting worse around here. I gues some children just never learned manners, I wonder whos to play, the parents or the grandparents.
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Aug. 17, 2010