Blueberries in the fridge

Does anyone know how long a store bought container of blueberries are good for in the fridge???? My kids usually take several days to eat a whole package.

navyjen

Asked by navyjen at 2:54 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Probably about a week. You can freeze them if you need to, they freeze well.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• About a week. I take half and throw them in the freezer when I bring them home. My kids love when I drop a dozen or so straight from the freezer into a really hot bowl of oatmeal. It defrosts the berry while bringing the temp of the oatmeal down to close to perfect for eating.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• They last about 4 days in my fridge. I freeze them though. Just line a baking sheet with plastic wrap or press n seal wrap. Wash the berries, then spread them in a single layer on the pan. Freeze for 30 min to an hour, then transfer to a freezer bag.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Check for mold. You can freeze flat on a cookie sheet and then put in zip lock bags and squeeze air out.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i would say a week they start to look nasty when they go bad to .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think a week... but always check for mold on the bottom!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• A week
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• wow, they only last about an hour in our house! lol. They freeze very well, in fact they are delicious right out of the freezer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Do I have a magic fridge? I've got a package in the drawer that's been there about ten days and is still good. Check them for mold and toss out the shriveled up ones, they'll last a while.
    Freezing them in an awesome idea. I also will put them in the bottom of a glass pitcher with other assorted berries, then fill the pitcher with ice and put it in the fridge. The ice will melt and get all yummy with the berries. You can sweeten it with agave nectar or drink it unsweetened. It's awesome and a great way to get the kids off so much juice.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2010