Does anyone know a sure cure for Restless Leg Syndrome without taking drugs?

I am a 72 year old retiree who does not like to take a chance on taking too many drugs. Does anyone know the cause and cure for Restless Leg Syndrome? Grammie Barb

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• This is going to sound crazy...I just read about it and have not tried it yet, but they say it works! Put a bar of soap under the sheets at the foot of the bed. Let me know if you have success! LOL I have read it in several magazines...crazy enough it just might work!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Sometimes I get it real bad and when I do I take extra calcium supplements. I use an isotonic formula so it goes right into my system. This seems to help quite a bit, sometimes while I am waiting for the extra calcium to work I rub in some blue goo from walmart it sooths them.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 9:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• magnesium helped me. I take a calcium magnesium supplement. It happen to me a few times a year so it was not a bad case of it.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/restless_legs.html

Try this link
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You may want to get tested for sleep apnea. My husband has a pretty bad case of RLS and sleep apnea. He is now on a C-Pap breathing machine at night and he has no problems.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have found that if I keep my feet very warm, usually by wearing heavy socks, works for me.
    Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 6:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Have you tried massage therapy?? That might work also.
    momma2twingirls

Answer by momma2twingirls at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I wish I had an easy answer for you. I have Fibromyalgia, and RLS goes along with it. I haven't really found anything, other than prescription drugs that help it. You will be in my prayers you get some relief.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I swear I did try the bar of soap under your sheets and it worked!!!
    N2TeazingYou

Answer by N2TeazingYou at 1:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• There is natural medicine called RESTLESS LEG. You can get it at Walmart or Walgreens. It works really well. I have RLS very bad and I refuse medicine that the doctor wanted to put me on and I tryed RESTLESS Legs and it works great. Good luck
    Ps. it is By Wylands
    MommyChrissyB

Answer by MommyChrissyB at 11:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2008