So we announced

that we're going to be doing a surrogacy for the first time to our church family, and some didnt really agree with it. Which was kinda weird. Cause technically wasnt Mary a surrogate? Idk, Im just ... let down kind of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who cares what someone else thinks. You need to do what is right for you.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Who cares if they agree with it. It's your body, not theirs.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I give major kudos to you for doing that! Surrogacy is wonderful gift to give to someone!  As for your church family.....there will always be people that judge you, no matter what their faith is.  Try not to let it bring you down, easier said than done I know.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:02 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I wonder if it was really disapproval or just them being concerned for your emotional well being. I would think it would be hard for some people to be able to imagine charring and giving birth to a child that isn't theirs and based on that are fearful for how you are going to feel. Some people may have a hard time expressing concerns in a positive way and make it come off as or turn it into disapproval. Give them time to come around and see that you are sure about your decision and that you are ready to take on all of the challenges including the emotional ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• A church family will judge you before anyone else, you do what you need to do, and I personally think it is an awesome generous thing you are doing.

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Not every one will like your decisions. Even your church friends.  That is the way of life. Can't please every one. Just do what you think is right. so you did not get your pastors approval or did you need to?

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• Do for yourself and screw what anyone else thinks! They DONT pay your bills, sleep in your bed or live with you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:52 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• If you're OK with it, why worry about what others think? No, Mary wasn't a surrogate. She had her own baby herself.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• I think it's great. Everyone has an opinion on everything, but what matters is what you and your DH want.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 17, 2010

• They don't agree because they r judging u. They r human. I say congrats to u and best wishes.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:04 PM on Aug. 17, 2010